Growing Up Digital Australia’s latest results

During my research for my last assessment for ETL401, I read about the Growing Up Digital Australia study by the Gonski Institute for Education at UNSW Sydney. The results were concerning and I have been wondering what this means for students currently learning remotely – how are those without access to technology faring and how are students adapting to learning online?

I hope that there will be research to shed some light on how learning online impacted students and if learning was indeed successful remotely. From my own experience as a parent, conversing with other parents, there is a wide chasm depending on the school your child attends. Hopefully, this chasm will eventually close as the government invests in providing all Australian children with the access to technology to become 21st century learners. Hopefully, Teacher Librarians can be at the forefront, leading the way to equipping teachers, students and the school community with skills to confidently and inquisitively engage in online learning, even when they are at school!

The technical report provides for interesting reading and raises many concerns regarding the use of technology for students:

GUD Social

https://www.gie.unsw.edu.au/growing-digital-australia-phase-1-results-how-screen-based-technologies-are-impacting-school-students