August 4

Think and Reflect Module 3

It’s interesting when I took the conflict resolution questionnaire, the answers I gave generally said I was an avoider that I tended to give in or try to find benefits for both parties. When at work though, I tend not to shy away from awkward or difficult conversations. I detest them and the thought of them makes me feel ill, but I square my shoulders, suck it up and get it over with. I guess I’ve realised over the years that situations manifest into larger demons if allowed to go untreated.

Others have tried to step in and say, “I’ll ask for you”, or “I’ll say something”. I just tend to get it over with instead. So, does this match with how I see myself? I guess the answer is no, I see myself as someone who avoids conflict, yet I don’t, I get it done.

I do see areas of improvements however. I need to work on, body language, so I don’t subtly give an impression I don’t wish to make a long with language choice. I think I rush in to early, when I should take more time to frame my thoughts before I get it done.

Tags: , , ,

Posted August 4, 2019 by jannet in category ETL504

1 thoughts on “Think and Reflect Module 3

1. gillian

Hi Jannet,

I got a similar result to you in that I am an avoider. I hate confrontation, but when push caomes to shove, I need to do just as you say – square my shoulders and suck it up – otherwise it just gets worse.

Gillian

Reply