SLANSW State Library Conference – Reach Out Through Reading

Summary

Content – Focus on school libraries

Type – Conference

Length – 4.5 hours

Level – Teachers, Teachers Librarians, Librarians, Library staff

Organisers – School Library Association

Presenters – Various

Format – Keynote speaker + breakout sessions

Reflection

The School Library Association conference is something that all school librarians and school library staff look forward to each year. It is a wonderful day where we are able to hear from our fellow school librarians, new ideas are exchanged and it is just a nice day to get out of our library environments and celebrate what we do. I was lucky enough to attend as a guest of the Teacher Librarian of the Year 2019. I have been working alongside Lizzy since I graduated TAFE and started working in my first library job, a job that I have nearly spent 7 years at!

Highlight on Breakout Session 1: Developmental Bibliotherapy

Judith Wakeman 

read4life.today

A session that I found the most rewarding was learning about developmental bibliotherapy. 

Developmental bibliography is a new term but an old practice. It is about using books in the healing process to better understand what has/or is about to happen. It is a practice that can be used by anyone in the book business from librarians to even booksellers and it can be done in a formal way or through an informal chat. The purpose behind this is to gain perspective into their lives and the world that is happening around us. In today’s age of social distancing and the threat of a pandemic there is no better time for this to be highlighted. This can be done from preschool age all the way to young adults, providing them with novels, poetry, nonfiction, anything that can help them understand their feelings. 

The School Library Association conference is always a place where you come away feeling inspired and with so many ideas that you can try and integrate into your library. I found it such a rewarding day listening to people in libraries and how they use reading to connect with their students and how I can change the way I read a story, to thinking about how developmental bibliography can help girls in upper years connect to the world around them. It was a day that I could make connections with other librarians and think about how in my future career I can connect with my students or patrons through reading.

Evidence 

Martin

https://www.slansw.net.au/event-3636968 

4 Comments on SLANSW State Library Conference – Reach Out Through Reading

1. Mors Alfabesi Bileklik
    December 3, 2023 at 7:25 pm (5 months ago)

En Şık ve Göz Alıcı Modellerle Gümüş Erkek Bileklikler Altınbaş’ta! Gümüşün eşsiz duruşunu moda trendleri ile harmanlayan ve birbirinden şık gümüş bileklikleri sizlere sunan Altınbaş, değerini asla kaybetmeyecek olan takılara sahip olabilmenizi sağlıyor. Şık motiflere ve tasarım detaylarına sahip olan gümüş Aynı zamanda sevdiklerimiz için gümüş bileklikleri rahatlık ile hediye olarak da tercih edebiliriz. Bayan Bileklikleri Mors Alfabesi Bileklik

Reply
  2. Çift Bileklikleri
    December 3, 2023 at 7:26 pm (5 months ago)

Mors alfabesiyle sevgi sözcüklerinin yazılı olduğu bileklikler oluyor. Nokta ve çizgilerle oluşturulan Mors alfabesi sayesinde sevgililer, çift bileklikleri üzerlerinde gizemli bir dille kendilerine özel sözlerin yazılı olduğu aksesuarlar Sitemizde gümüş erkek takı ve aksesuarlarından gümüş bayan takı ve aksesuarlarına kadar geniş bir yelpazede istediğiniz ürünlere rahatlıkla ulaşabilirsiniz. Uzun yıllara dayanan sektör tecrübemizle gümüş

Reply
  3. Janet Medley
    December 19, 2023 at 11:16 am (5 months ago)

I visit this site only to read such quality blogs because it has good and truthful content. And thats why I’m sharing one thing that might be useful for you too and that is Eddie Van Halen Overalls.

Reply
  4. Tessie Hayes
    January 25, 2024 at 9:53 pm (3 months ago)

services in Los Angeles provide a discreet and personalized aesthetic solution addressing intimate skin discoloration with precision and care. This Genital Bleaching specialized service ensures confidence through meticulous intimate skin tone management setting it apart in the realm of aesthetic care.

Reply