ETL504 – Module 1

So you would think that after a semester, I would know how this whole Thinkspace blogs thing works, right?

Well, I have only just worked out how to put categories in place. And it was thanks to this module. Yep, it took me how many weeks? Way too many.

I was putting tags on all my posts thinking that would be enough but I discovered the difference between the two so (hopefully!) the posts I’ve gone through and categorized adapt OK!

Over this module, I drew out some things that I thought were great reminders of where we currently stand:

The overall learning context of our schools has changed dramatically; even in the last five years since I graduated high school. We need to be able to deliver content and services differently than what we ever have before because of how different our students are. Society is a lot more technologically advanced with mobile phones able to do a similar (if not the exact same) job as a laptop or tablet. We are able to use ICT in the curriculum in a way that we haven’t before with more and more real-life applications. Students and teachers alike have very little patience for clunky and hard to use sites. The biggest point, however, is that there are more and more ways for Teacher Librarians to model and lead in 21st-century ways of teaching and learning; and that it is our job to be that guiding voice.

Well, I hope that gives you an idea of what I took away from this module and that you all enjoyed this blog post!