My views on Shatzkin’s writings

Shatzkin explains how things are changing in book publishing. People do buy books on the internet more than from bookshops. He points out “how successfully publishers will sell books in the future will depend on how well they master the opportunities presented by Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google.” It sounds like publishers need to master technology well to sell more books. I feel sorry for this, however this is the world where we live. As a future TL, I also need to master modern technology to be adapted to the changes in the world. Also, Shatzkin says that a new stage of digital content is changed from words-to-be-read to words-to-be-heard. People can choose digital content according to their preference. However, I would like to recommend young children to read books based on words-to-be-read for their reading development.

Reference

Giovenoce,G (2019). Introduction [ETL 503 Module 1] Retrieved March, 5th, 2019, from Charles Sturt University website: https://interact2.csu.edu.au/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_42383_1&c…