There are many strategies that TL’s can use to increase their professional knowledge of children’s literature.
5 strategies that immediately come to mind are;
- Networking with other teacher librarians or local librarians to form connections and share knowledge.
- Actively engage in the Premier’s Reading Challenge and explore the reading lists.
- Investigate social media sites for quality authors, educators and voices that amplify children’s literature.
- Research websites that champion unique and interesting children’s literature,
- Become a member to a wide variety of associations and services such as ASLA, CBCA and Story Box.