Letter to My Future Self

Dear Future Self,

Do you remember when you were me, having likes but limited knowledge about photography, video theory and practices, but wanting to learn more? I want to know more about visual theories and rules to better utilise the equipment I also hope to discover, but we both know our real hurdle is having more faith in ourselves and immersing ourselves into discussions.

Since this subject is the closest to what we want to do, I think we did really enjoy this subject. And so, I am hoping that by the end of the session we will be able to use all different kinds of equipment effectively to create multi-sensory, stimulating stories and I am excited to learn all about this. However, I am worried that I will struggle to think of ideas and stories, as I am usually creative during the planning and production phases of a project.

As you may remember, I currently have knowledge and skills limited to photography (Photoshop, DSLR camera use, and photographic principles), and my hobbies include photography, analysing movies and television, and amateur film-making. Currently, my professional experience is limited to web design and creation, and the creation of an innovative marketing presentation for Lakeba, otherwise, my experience stems from my High School study of Photography.

I aspire to have new production skills in audio, video and design, whilst expanding my skills in photography. I hope to know how to use all different types of equipment and how they work together to complement each other, allowing my hobbies to expand to include other media production and analysis. I want my experience to grow as I practise and advance my skills and knowledge, putting the theory I have learnt into action.

Now itโ€™s your turn to reflect, and so I ask you:

• What was your favourite part of the subject?
  • What surprised you the most when studying this subject?

From your Past Self ๐Ÿ˜Š