July 9

Planning for session 2 week 1

So, this is it. Tomorrow the second session officially starts. I have planned my week in my usual way from last session:

planning sheets for week 1

As you may be able to tell, I have a lot of Teaching Guide writing to do this week, so it is a good thing that I have already gotten started on some of the Week 1 material from my subjects. Hopefully I have allocated enough time, because I am apparently going with my husband to pick our daughter up from the airport tomorrow rather than outsourcing it completely… goodbye sweet couple of hours!

I am wondering if my relatively unstructured planning is sufficient for this session. I tend to make a list of things that need to be done (or that I hope to achieve) in the week and then allocate blocks of time to Uni (the dusty pink unlabelled blocks on the schedule). I wonder if I need to specify some time slots this time around. Perhaps at least allocate a blogging time. Perhaps I’ll allocate Friday afternoon for weekly blogging reflections in both subjects, with bonus slots during the week for particular assigned blog posts or module-review posts.

If anyone is actually reading this and has any tips for how you plan your week to balance Uni with other facets of life – and make sure you get all or most or at least the most vital things done – please share them in the comments!

Copyright © 2018. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International License.

Posted July 9, 2018 by marikamum in category Planning and Organisation

About the Author

Just another CSU MEdTL student creating a blog. When not studying, I write, teach and live with my husband and two high school children and our black Labrador retriever somewhere on the Lower North Shore of Sydney.