Blog Task Three

It has been incredibly interesting and engaging reading through everyone’s blog posts. I’ve found myself getting carried away at times (whoops, forgot to cook dinner. Looks like we’ll be having takeaway). As a teacher who has only been out of university for just over three years, it is amazing to see the wealth of knowledge within this cohort. Reading through your thoughts and discussions has given me so many ideas to incorporate not only into my teaching but into my personal learning.

Posts like Andrew Dixon’s titled¬†Things I should Have Listened To My Lecturer About #1 – An Ongoing Series, where he discusses how he should have been using Evernote. I hear you loud and clear Andrew!! It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who feels a little overwhelmed at times.

I felt drawn back to certain posts. One especially, where I wrote a quick comment and felt that I had not expanded enough or shared my own knowledge. So I returned and added yet another comment (sorry for the bombardment Linda Weeks). Or posts who used tools which I use often in the classroom but never thought of incorporating into my blog posts. Katherine Herbert used ThingLink on her blog Space For Thinking to show her comments. What a great idea!! And so I created my own.

Having to read through the blog posts as a required task has been enlightening to me. I’m looking forward to getting more involved in the coming weeks, through blog posts, comments and Twitter. Thanks for all your insights.