Iterations of my School Library Vision

My first iteration

“The library will empower students and staff to be active learners who contribute positively to the school and the world around them. By the time they graduate, students will grasp what it means to be a responsible digital citizen, ready to collaborate with others to create knowledge and ideas.”

I feel this is too long.

“The library will be a hub to build a learning community flowing with ideas, inspiration, innovation and collaboration. ”

Does this imply that the school isn’t a learning community?

Third iteration

“Our library will be the centre of our learning community; flowing with ideas, inspiration, innovation and collaboration. Staff and students alike will be welcomed as active learners who create knowledge and ideas.”

This is a good number of words and communicates most of what I want to say.

Fourth

“Our library will be the centre of our learning community; flowing with ideas, inspiration, innovation and collaboration. Staff and students alike will be welcomed as active learners who responsibly create knowledge and ideas in both analogue and digital environments.”

It’s 39 words so basically right on the upper limit of where I think the statement length should be.

“Our library will be the centre of our learning community; flowing with ideas, inspiration, innovation and collaboration. Every student and staff member will be welcomed as an active learner, empowered to responsibly create knowledge and ideas in both analogue and digital environments.”

Tipping just over where I wanted it, at 42 words, I feel like this communicates all I wanted to say.

One thought on “Iterations of my School Library Vision

• 10th October 2019 at 6:07 PM
    Permalink

I like it … can I steal it and replace mine with it? đŸ™‚ M