Monday Morning – Week 3

Firstly, just a short note to say that I completed my 40km bike ride yesterday!

Second, one of the things I do each week is make a weekly planner.  I fill in all my appointments and commitments for the week, as well as setting aside time for the normal daily life stuff like getting kids off to school and folding my mountain of washing! This week’s looks like this:

My colour coded weekly planner
My weekly planner

It’s all colour coded and some of the stuff on there won’t mean much to other people but that’s fine, I don’t usually need to share it!

The problem I’m having is I’m forgetting to book in time for exercise and just filling my calendar up with Uni.  The writing in green is exercise.  I am giving myself a few rest days after my big ride yesterday but ideally I would have time to do something on Thursday as well.  There is a small gap on Thursday, but that is in the afternoon with the kids home from school and my eldest is out at her study group so I can’t just duck out for a quick walk or run.  Might be able to squeeze in some yoga if I’m prepared to be interrupted. (And here is just a wonderful example of how talking or typing things out helps me to get my head straight and think of solutions!).

Anyway, enough rambling.  This week I hope to:

• Write today’s post!
  • Catch up on my subject forums.
  • Read through some resources (book, web and other) I have selected for my ETL503 assignment for the annotated bibliography – ideally I would like to have selected my ten resources by the end of the week.
  • Read through a pile of tabs I have open in my phone browser – some are (or could be) relevant to my ETL401 literature review.
  • Read a chapter of a book on critical thinking that’s held at the nearby uni campus when I go there to do some study this week.
  • Read some other literature reviews (on other topics) to get an idea of how to go about writing mine.
  • Complete modules 2.3 and 2.4 in ETL503 and modules 3.1 and 3.2 in ETL401.
  • Work on both assignments.
  • Reflect on Friday about my week.