And so it begins!

When I walk alone, I wish I could reach the end of the road soon. But, when a FRIEND walks with me, I wish the road never ends.

Footprints in the sand by Chris Lofqvist via Compfight

Welcome to my first ever blog.  Right about now I am feeling all the apprehension that anyone feels when embarking on a new journey.  I am questioning my ability to put a cohesive thought into a sentence.  I have never had a diary or written in a daily journal so this is all very foreign to me.  I know that I am capable, but I always find that beginning is the hardest step, and as Lao Tzu famously said “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” (Lao Tzu, n.d.)… so I need to start walking.

I am currently working as a Teacher Librarian in an all boys High School after spending most of my life in a Primary School setting, doing supply  teaching and looking longingly at the Teacher Librarian position, wishing I was her.  Through a bizarre set of circumstances I began substituting for any position going at my current school’s senior library, including being a library aide.  This experience has opened my eyes to the workings of a library in a secondary school.  As a teacher, I am richer for my cross curriculum experience that I have had as a supply teacher in Primary Schools which allows me to adapt and change with the circumstances.

It was for this reason that I decided to call my blog the “Evolving Librarian”.

References:

Lao Tzu. (n.d.). BrainyQuote.com Web site. Retrieved from https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/laotzu137141.html