INF402, my only subject for 201890, focuses on the use of literature in education – specifically to enhance student learning, long-term reading and life-long learning.
- “evaluate a wide variety of literature, and apply such knowledge to the selection, appreciation and critical evaluation of literature in education;”
- “analyse theory, research and models related to literature, and interpret the implications for education;”
- “appreciate the role of multi-literacies, including visual literacy, in the context of literature in education;”
- “predict and interpret social and cultural issues as they apply to the use of literature in education;”
- “identify how digital environments diversify school student experiences with literature;” and
- “extend the role of the teacher librarian in promoting literature across the curriculum.”
My knowledge about the use of literature in curricular setting is not great, but very practical. I look forward to develop a strong theoretical base from which to build understanding and insight, and plan for the role our secondary school library can play in the future use of literature in our school.