Using Draw.io

So part of our work in Module 1 was to use Draw.io a drawing software to create a diagram that would show:

How the library contributes to the success of the school.

We were asked to consider the educational outcomes that the school is trying to provide according to the Australian Curriculum General Capabilities and Priority Areas. To add our thoughts and experiment with print or digital maps to try and put the library where you think it should be in the school structure (physical and hierarchical i.e. communication and people).

This was a hard task.  Using a new drawing program and trying to simply detail a very complex issue.  I believe the library should be the heart of the school.  It is often the most used physical space (every class visit, it is used for staff meeting, professional development, community meetings etc) but can often be seen as separate from the rest of the school.  This is where my library is at the moment.  I want to change that, but first I need to update the physical space, creating an environment that becomes a ‘go-to’ place for books, resources, support and help.

I have tried to create a diagram that shows this.  Let me know if I succeeded.

Just finished reading: Grandma Z by Daniel Gray-Barnett