Case study learning

It was clear to me from the Case study 2 that organisations usually have a number of issues happening at once. Schools are like other organisations in that they are busy, complex institutions that must manage so many things all at once. What I learned from the case study this week was that all schools have problems that need to be rectified, but some schools have a multitude of issues or inefficiencies that need addressing. Schools are made more complex by the fact that they have so many people with so many varying needs and it isn’t easy to manage these needs. This case study highlighted to me the importance of good leadership that addresses issues and is willing to put into place change to ensure things work more efficiently. What this case study highlighted to me was the importance of clear communication, staff involvement and clear systems that are structured and reviewed regularly. It also made me realise that sometimes initiating change in one area can actually have a beneficial flow on effect throughout other areas.