November 14

Work Placement Day 5

Thursday 12th November 2020

8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 1:00 2:00 3:30 5:00
Baby Bounce Baby Bounce Front Counter LUNCH Returns Literacy Kits Lego Club

Today was another very interesting day! I managed to get myself out of bed at 6:30 am to go for a run around the Blue Lake. It was a little cold but the lake is beautiful!

My library shift began with one of the children’s programs, Baby Bounce. Children aged 6 months to 2 years sit in a circle with their parent who guides them through actions and singing to a preset playlist. I wasn’t sure how I would go with this but it was amazing how much the babies smiled and made noises. They were clearly enjoying the session!

Either side of lunch I worked at the front desk and in returns. I even did some re-shelving this time. This is the bread and butter of the library so I really enjoyed both of these shifts.

I had some time to start working on the project brief for the new and renewed Literacy Kits before Lego Club at 4:00pm. Only three kids turned up, which was unusual. It was interesting to observe how this children’s program runs, how it sits alongside school-based Lego programs, and how they intend to expand the program next year.

Tags: , , ,

Posted November 14, 2020 by murphda75 in category ETL507 Professional Experience and Portfolio