November 14

Work Placement Day 1

Sunday 8th November 2020

On Thursday, we got the keys to our brand new house in Morphettville. Three days later, I was leaving for my next adventure – a work placement in Mount Gambier!

After packing my slightly new Subaru Forester, I left Adelaide at about 9:30am. It was a lot faster driving up Cross Road instead of winding through the hills. I managed to reach Tailem Bend at 10:40am. Here, I pulled in for my first rest stop. I had a gigantic banana and some strawberries before setting off towards Meningie, which, by the way, was a beautiful town.

I’ve never driven along the Coorong, so this was a new experience for me. The road was very bumpy, but there was some interesting scenery. Meningie to Kingston S.E. is about 145km and there are no services in between. Lucky my trusty Subaru just kept roaring. There were a lot of bugs flying around. Lots of moths. There’s one stuck on the front of the car still.

I had lunch at Kingston – apple and blackcurrant juice, and a chicken and veg pie (which was amongst the top 3 best pies of all time). Then I kicked the soccer ball at the Lions park. The main street was a little plain but the foreshore was nice to drive along.

From here, I continued on to Millicent. This section of highway was much more smooth, but I was getting tired. I decided to stop again for a stretch at the Millicent town entrance.

Finally, I made it to Mount Gambier. I went to get supplies from the local Coles supermarket and settled into my cabin.

Tags: , ,

Posted November 14, 2020 by murphda75 in category ETL507 Professional Experience and Portfolio