Concepts and Practices for a Digital Age
This subject sets the foundations of connected learning within new information environments created by the social and technological changes of the digital age. By focussing on connectivity, communication, and collaboration, the subject addresses the challenges, opportunities and emerging possibilities for learning and teaching in information-rich environments. Trends in knowledge construction, participation and social networks will be explored. The subject introduces education informatics and the scholarship of digital teaching, and models connected learning through group discourse and collaborative inquiry in digital environments, including reflective and participatory experiences.
- Module 1: The information environment
- Module 2: Knowledge flow and the information environment
- Module 3: Knowledge networks: connected communities, open access and connected learning.
- Module 4: Globalisation of learning
- Module 5: Creative cultures
- Module 6: Re-imagining education in a digital age