Digital Citizenship in Schools
This subject explores the concept and practice of digital citizenship. Technological, political and ethical issues concerning digital citizenship are examined, including intellectual property, plagiarism, cybersafety, freedom of information, transliteracy and the effective use of a range of technologies to support learning and teaching. Issues in policy and practice are examined to understand how learning programs and school community practices can build capacity and resilience in students to enable them to become effective and responsible digital citizens in global online learning environments.
- Module 1: What is digital citizenship?
- Module 2: Issues in digital citizenship
- Module 3: The digital learning environment
- Module 4: Supporting the digital learner
- Module 5: Information leadership in schools
- Module 6: Professional responsibility