Contemporary Education Professionals
This subject is students will examine core concepts about being a contemporary education professional across a range of contexts in order to formulate personal professional learning goals. They will investigate issues, and develop skills of critical analysis and reflection, as they engage with diverse materials and with each other during the subject. Students will reflect on their new understandings and learnings through the lens of their own contexts, experiences and beliefs. A further core element of this subject is the development of skills to use ICTs and digital technologies to support learning throughout the Masters program, and in the preparation of an ongoing e-Portfolio.
- Module 1: Tertiary study skills for post- graduate study
- Module 2: The critically reflective practitioner
- Module 3: Various
- Topic 1 – An overview of current issues in education.
- Topic 2 – Globalisation, politics, ideologies & curriculum
- Topic 3 – Changing conceptualisations of knowledge and knowing
- Topic 4 – New technologies and literacies
- Topic 5 – Diversity