During our weekly POD meeting our team (7 teachers) had to create a 20 question quiz for “Literacy Week.” We decided that each teacher would contribute 3  questions.

• In the past we would have simply sat around a table discussing questions with one person recording on a word document. 15 minutes
  • One of my colleagues or myself would have then gone back to the document to copy/paste each question into a Powerpoint adding images, question numbers and answers in the presenter notes. And then finally using email to share the final PowerPoint. 30 minutes

With the school wide implementation of the Google suite, it’s not just our pedagogy and classroom practice that has evolved but also the way we communicate, create and collaborate during meetings.

Using GoogleSlides I was able to create a new slide in our shared POD folder on GoogleDrive. Within a minute of creating the document and an example question we were all able to start inputting our own questions and images.

I have found that when these digital solutions occur, one critical aspect is often overlooked. Leadership. If it hadn’t been for our Leader of Learning (LoL) to suggest, direct and support teachers, the task wouldn’t have been as efficient or effective.