I believe that education should be transformative- for individuals and their societies. To achieve change and growth learning must involve inquiry, doubt and humility. A teacher should inspire a love of questioning, facilitate the pathways through information, and nurture the joy that comes from seeking and creating new understandings.
With transformation as my ultimate goal I have written, co-ordinated and taught a range of sociology related undergraduate and post graduate subjects in Environmental studies since 2004.
- People and the environment, internal and distance modes, 2004-2017
- Catchment management through community participation, internal and distance modes, 2011-2017
- Resilience thinking and Ecologically Sustainable Development, distant mode 2015-2016
- Social science research methods, distance mode, 2004-2018
- Natural resource management, internal and distance modes, 2004-2007, and 2010