Australian Council of Deans of Education Vocational Education Group
Students of university VET teacher-education programs within Australia are invited to apply for the Ros Brennan Kemmis AM Scholarship to attend the 2019 ACDEVEG Conference.
Associate Professor Ros Brennan Kemmis AM, combined a splendid academic career of scholarship, teaching and publishing in education, with a passion for VET, in particular VET teacher education. If teaching is intended to ‘make a difference in lives’, Ros’ inspirational way of reaching out to distance education students certainly improved the learning and earning power of many past students. Ros offered calm support to students, friends and colleagues. We are looking for high-quality applicants who can tell us about the skills and attributes they possess which help them to make a difference with the vocational learners they work with. How could attending a VET teaching conference help you achieve some of your goals?
Two scholarships are available, each covering the Conference Fee for the 2019 ACDEVEG Conference. The scholarships are available to current Australian students of VET teacher-education programs at universities, or students who graduated from those programs within the last twelve months. To be eligible, you must have completed at least one full semester of study already. Applications (of not more than three pages using minimum 11-point font plus transcript) should include the following information:
- Name, email address, best contact phone number
- The name of the University at which you are, or were until recently, studying VET teacher- education; and name of the program you are undertaking/undertook. Include the name and contact details of the program coordinator or a lecturer on the program (for verification purposes)
- Details of your current teaching/training work in the VET/adult education sector – qualifications taught, RTO at which you teach/train, and the nature of your student cohorts
- Attributes which you believe you display in your VET teaching/training
- The reasons why you decided to undertake higher education studies in VET/adult education and what you have gained from this study
- Confirmation that you will attend the conference; and reasons and ways in which attendance at the ACDEVEG conference will help further your learning, professional development and motivation as a VET practitioner
- How you plan to share what you learn from the conference with your VET practitioner colleagues
- A copy of your transcript (to mid-year 2019) from the university VET teacher-education program
Applications for this award have been extended to 1st November 2019. A selection panel will determine the winners. The scholarship winners will be notified by Friday 8th November 2019.
Please send applications to: ACDEVEG_2019@csu.edu.au