ETL501 Pathfinder

For the past couple of weeks I have been reading up about “pathfinders”.  This is another completely new concept for me, and something I have never used before.  I think these are a wonderful concept for both teacher and student.  Many hours can be wasted searching both the internet and library shelves looking for resources and information, and this is a brilliant way to lead the searchers down the “right path” to where they will find what they want.

I am really looking forward to designing my own pathfinder for this assignment.  As always, I am experiencing a bit of “technology anxiety” at the thought of having to learn another new “program” or battle with some more new software, but I want to specially thank Barbara for getting this Pathfinder software for us for free.  I have sketched out some ideas for what I hope to do, and it will be interesting to see how this evolves and if my plan is actually suitable when I learn more about the technical side of setting up the actual pathfinder.  Watch this page for the next update sometime soon….:-)