Using Current Pedagogy to Create Agile School Libraries in a Digital Age

Throughout this current subject: Digital Future Colloquiums and the preceding subjects in this degree I have been about to pinpoint many strategies and ideas that I can integrate into my practice as a Teacher-Librarian.

Judy O’Connell’s latest presentation  explains how School Libraries can develop agile approaches in a digital age.I am already integrating many of the strategies mentioned and I can foresee how my Library team  can continue to improve. I think it is  important for all educators and support staff to realise the potential that lies ahead. I plan to  share the key ideas with my fellow teachers some time. This presentation explains how school’s library program can support, leverage and inform about  the technological drivers in our world. The presentation summarises the concepts that support knowledge networks and digital innovation in Libraries.   Using current pedagogy to inform School Library programs is the best practice because it is easy to explain and justify our roles in schools.

judy agile approach

I have used some of the  ideas and resources in the presentation to synthesise the research, theory and recommendations for my current case study:

A Description of the Autonomous Behaviours Learners Develop when they Independently Publish Digital Artefacts Online and the Importance for Educators to Encourage this Learning.

Do students become more autonomous as learners when they independently publish digital artefacts online?