Digital Scholarship Interpretive Discussion Paper

1

Posted by Liz Eckert | Posted in INF537 | Posted on September 17, 2015

I received my interpretive discussion paper back today and I was happier than I thought I’d be. It was a credit level piece and I was expecting more of a pass level, mainly because I felt very stressed at the time of writing it and didn’t expect to meet more of the credit level criteria. However I am happy with the mark and reasonably content with it. I am sharing it here.

I am looking forward to possibly seeing other people’s discussion papers to see what aspect of digital scholarship they discussed.

Comments (1)

Hi Liz, an interesting piece. The idea of scholarship in these digital times is interesting and challenging. I really think a skill we need to be developing in our students is how they can check the validity and correctness of information. Often, our students go to one source and use that exclusively not really cross checking to see how accurate it is.
The idea that research today is so readily available for all to access is also a challenging aspect that needs our students to check validity. However, a great positive is that they might be able to contribute to the production of ‘knowledge’ as it is created online and digitally.
I have also decided to post my piece thanks to you and others being brave.n

Write a comment