Assessment Blog #5: Creative Coffee Morning

collage

One of the areas I am very interested in is exploring how schools use of online learning spaces.  I decided to host a creative coffee morning and invited creative people from my own school, neighbouring schools and others in the community. It would have been great to have the company of the web developers and  graphic designers in our networks but unfortunately, the timing did not suit them for this meeting.  Maybe next time?  I tried to keep the meeting informal and unstructured to let discussion flow from the participants rather than lead the agenda.  The following storify documents the discussions that took place over the morning.

3 Comments on Assessment Blog #5: Creative Coffee Morning

1. plee
    September 16, 2014 at 12:53 pm (6 years ago)

Helen, You certainly had an active Twitter group – supporting the common interest in online spaces. If you are planning further meetings, the group’s Twitter presence should provide a conduit for further collaboration and communication.
    Patricia

Reply
  2. Ronnie
    September 16, 2014 at 10:29 pm (6 years ago)

great range of different types of people – just what Brown says about including everyone, great use of Twitter too, I’m off to search the hashtag so I can ‘fill’ in the rest of the conversation. One thing that I’ve noticed about these blogs is that we’ve all managed to create something but the excitement seems a little filtered in the online portion. My group of mothers were very excited as I expect your group was – its just hard to convey on social media I guess – or am I getting old? he he

Reply
  3. deborah.welsh
    September 21, 2014 at 8:14 am (6 years ago)

Helen – this was a terrific idea! I think Twitter is wonderful for connecting with other like-minded (or even not so like-minded!) people and perhaps these connections have saved me from going a bit bonkers this year. Very few of my secondary colleagues are on Twitter but I’m working on it.

Reply