Digital security is a must. Recent reports of Yahoo’s data breach highlights just how important it is to be super careful with our information. While for adults this often translates to banking, emails, and online shopping details, our students also need to learn some security basics, which will set them in good stead for the future. Things like:
- DON’T TELL ANYONE YOUR PASSWORD
- Make your password tricky for others to guess
- Don’t give anyone private information on the internet
- If you get hacked, report it, tell your contacts, and take measures so it can’t happen again
- Keep your privacy settings on social networking sites as high as you can – use groups for friends to tailor what different people can see, and only show the minimum amount of information to those who are not your friends.