Users who have a CSU Staff or Student login can be added to your site in various roles to allow for collaboration. You might want to add a user if your blog is private and only visible to registered subscribers, or you’d like to have others contribute content.
As an administrator of your blog, you can add other registered users (users who have already logged into CSU Thinkspace with their CSU MYID account).
To add a user, click rollover the Users Tab on the Left -Hand Sidebar and choose ‘Add New’.
In the ‘Add Existing User’ section type in the email address or username of the user you wish to add. Select the role you would like to give them and click on the ‘Add Existing User’ button.
The five roles you can assign users on a blog are:
- Administrator – can do everything including complete power over posts, pages, plugins, comments, choice of themes, imports, settings, assign user roles and are even able to delete the blog.
- Editor – is able to publish posts/pages, manage posts/pages, upload files, moderate comments as well as manage other people’s posts/pages.
- Author – can upload files plus write and publish own posts.
- Contributor – can write own posts but can’t publish them; instead they are submitted for review. An administrator or editor then reviews and publishes their posts.
- Subscriber – can read comments and write comments.
You should carefully consider which role you assign to other users since Administrators are able to remove other users, including you, and editors can delete content.